Monday 16 February 2015

GOTNI Releases Disclaimer on Omololu Omotosho Facebook Photo claim



Our attention has been drawn to a post by Omololu Omotosho on February 8th, 2015 alleging that President Goodluck Jonathan sent GOTNI president, Linus Okorie to him in Texas. His words exactly were:

"I would rather not do this. But there is nothing wrong in setting the record straight. This is the gentleman, Linus Okorie, that President Goodluck Jonathan sent to meet with me here in Texas. Mr. Okorie came from Nigeria and lives there. It is God that has the power. I get nasty messages in my inbox from Nigerians living in Nigeria. It is time for me to change the settings on my Facebook pertaining to who can send me messages. What they do not know is that the more they attack me, the more I wanna fight......I fight with my pen and pad obviously. I have met with them twice: My first meeting with President Jonathan's people was in 2013. At that time they refused a picture when I asked for one. Some people think I am stupid. But I am not..... I may be looking at you like I don't know what is going on.....but I am not stupid. I just let you do you........."
However, we want to state categorically that the young man Omololu Omotosho took the attached photo with Linus Okorie when he visited Linus Okorie in Houston during one of Linus’ official trips by Guardians Of The Nation International (GOTNI) in August 2014.
This was a first-time meeting for them having corresponded via Facebook chat a year earlier on possibilities of promoting the GOTNI Emerging Leaders Conference on "Nigerians Saving Nigeria" platform which Omotosho heads.
According to the objectives of GOTNI, which is to groom young Nigerian under 40 years of age to become transformational leaders, Our President, Linus Okorie reached out to this US based Nigerian, Omololu Omotosho only to get him involved in this quest.
Omotosho who couldn’t attend the GOTNI conference in Nigeria in 2013 had the privilege of visiting Linus and they both took this photo with Linus’ book "Footprints: Leading beyond Today" in hand.
We want to state that the President of GOTNI, Mr. Linus Okorie is disappointed at the fact that a young man who he assumed to be a responsible Nigerian in Diaspora could misrepresent fact just to feel important and relevant and would rather abuse the privilege of gaining access to him and GOTNI’s leadership development agenda in Nigeria.
It will be a great privilege for Linus Okorie, who has pioneered the move for a new Nigeria for over 20 years and been at the forefront of raising the next generation of leaders, to be delegated by any President of Nigeria including our incumbent president to advance the Nigerian cause anywhere in the world but until that happens, we reserve the right to state that Linus Okorie was not sent to meet with anyone including Omololu Omotosho. GOTNI remains non-partisan and is resolved to continue in its cause as a not-for-profit organisation to raise outstanding leaders.
PS: Note: This same picture, appeared twice prior to this post on Omololu’s timeline. First was in September 1, 2014 on Instagram with the header “Talented Nigerian speaker, Linus Okorie and I” and then also on 10:22pm on February 7, 2015 before this main post posted on February 8th, 2015
. 
Omololu had also promoted GOTNI Leadership Forum and Networking Event on July 30, 2014 which held on August 8th, 2014. See this link “https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154483385455691&set=a.131659085690.224490.527360690&type=1


Thank you
Jennifer Opara
Corporate Communications
GOTNI
cbmr@gotni.org
08063956224

No comments:

Post a Comment